Samstag, 22. Dezember 2012

Angel in Connecticut

I think everybody, even in Germany, have heard from the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut last friday. I can't even think of any words that could describe how horrible that is. I can not understand what is going on this guy's mind.
I heard about that whole thing in my last block on friday and at this time nothing was really clear to say. Was it a former student or a parents who shot? How many people died?
This guy was the son of one of the teachers. 28 people died.

On Monday, Mr. Hawkins, my English teacher, talked to us about that. He said something really wise. He said, the media will say the shooter's name again and again and again. But what about the victims, specially the little kids? We can not make it not happend. But what we can do is try to forget the guy's name and remember the names of the kids and teachers which tied.
So I was looking for a list of names of the victims and found them.
Daniel Barden, Allison Wyatt, James Mattioli, Chase Kowalski, Emilie Parker and so much more. All little kids with the age of six or seven.
One of the names was Olivia Engel. The name of this little six year old girl made me thinking.
Her last name, Engel, is German and means angel.

She had to die because of this crazy guy and now, she really is an angel living in heaven and looking down to her parents who have to celebrate christmas without her.

Rest in peace Olivia Engel,
the angel.




...Paula

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen